- You are a strong problem solver with a first professional experience ( >1year) with Ruby, ideally on Rails
- You prioritize clean software design and simplicity. You see code as a means to an end of creating a great product.
- Good foundations on software architecture and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision
- You are actively growing as a software engineer: you read articles or books on software engineering, you’re aware of current Ruby/Rails versions, and you look out for solutions beyond the first thing that comes to mind
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused team, and the ability to actively participate in the conceptualization of future features
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
Ideally you also have:
- Strong grasp on SQL and data modeling fundamentals
- Experience with Ruby testing frameworks (we’re using RSpec)
You’ll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
- Flexible remote work policy
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.
Job Type: Full-time